Le versioni arabe dei Profeti
Preferred CitationVaccari, Alberto. “Le versioni arabe dei Profeti.” Biblica 3 (1922): 401–23.
Discusses the Syriac-based Arabic translation of Jeremiah, Isaiah and Ezekiel attributed to a certain Faṯyūn (Pethiōn) ibn Ayyūb, arguing for the identification of the translator with the Pethiōn mentioned in the Fihrist, offers a classification of extant manuscripts and some remarks on translation techniques.
Full Citation Information
Title: Le versioni arabe dei Profeti
Date of Publication: 1922
About this Online Entry
- Ronny Vollandt, general editor, Biblia Arabica
- Ronny Vollandt and Nathan P. Gibson, editors, Biblia Arabica
- Nathan P. Gibson, entry contributor, “Le versioni arabe dei Profeti”
- Adrian Binder, entry contributor, “Le versioni arabe dei Profeti”
- Miriam L. Hjälm, entry contributor, “Le versioni arabe dei Profeti”
- Record added to Zotero by Nathan P. Gibson
- Record edited in Zotero by Adrian Binder
- Primary editing by Miriam L. Hjälm